Senior Mobile Developer
We are on a mission to empower designers and developers worldwide and are trying to fundamentally change the nature of creation and motion. LottieFiles has proven that relevant design assets and motion graphics evoke emotion and humanizes apps and platforms.
We have assembled one of the largest communities in our industry with over a million raving fans from over 70,000+ companies (Google, TikTok, Disney, Uber, Airbnb, and Netflix etc) who use our platform and tools every day to enhance their workflow and ship incredibly engaging content.
On average, a new lottie file is uploaded to the platform every 15 seconds. These assets range from simple animated icons to animated product onboarding and walkthroughs, system animations on smartwatches, interactive infographics for online publications, and countless other use cases across devices.
Lottie, a revolutionary format, can be best described as a movement, and LottieFiles is a company wrapped around it. By listening to the Lottie community, we’ve created a unique set of editing, workflow, and collaboration tools that seamlessly integrate with popular design software and developer environments such as Adobe After Effects, Figma, VS Code, and others. To make things easier for non-motion designers, users can take advantage of tons of free content available on our platform to get started too.
We're seeking experienced, clear-thinking, and versatile Native Mobile Engineers to join our growing team. We're looking for someone passionate about technology, the future of motion design, and providing an incredible user experience.
As a member of our team, you'll be taking on a high degree of ownership and responsibility. Your ability to communicate, break through challenges, and bring positive energy to your work and relationships, is vital.
- Develop, maintain, extend, and support LottieFiles apps, extensions, frameworks natively in iOS or Android.
- Research and experiment on new technologies such as app extensions, AR, OpenGL, Metal, etc.
- Help architect our apps, backend and frameworks.
- Participate in our communities, talk to our users directly, educate and give support.
- Ramping up quickly on new and existing technologies, applying them to critical problems, and sharing your learnings with the team.
- Shipping high-value features and owning the impact of your solutions.
- Identify areas of improvement and drive mobile best practices.
- A degree in Computer Science or a related discipline, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience developing within a large existing codebase, collaborating or working independently within a team.
- Strong Java/Kotlin or Swift programming skills.
- Strong knowledge in trending mobile design patterns such as MVVM, MVC, Singletons, Viper, etc.
- Proficient in native development using Android Studio or Xcode.
- Experience developing apps for multiple platforms, such as phone, tablet, desktop and extensions.
- Curiosity on how things work and ability to research and try new approaches.
- Develop tests and automations.
- Good communication skills, ability to clearly share complex technical information with programmers, technical artists, and animators.
Please note that these are desirable skills and are not required to apply for the position.
- Industry experience working on Vector-based graphics/animation.
- C/C++ and Golang programming skills.
- Strong math skills.
- Strong R&D mindset, adept at taking the initiative on researching and experimenting with new ideas, solutions, and technologies.
- Passion for computer graphics/animation and ML
- Expertise in image, video and computer vision techniques, and understanding of vector-based graphics.