As a small business owner, marketer, or content creator, you’re probably wearing lots of hats – including that of a graphic designer. On the upside, creating engaging design content has never been easier. Here’s how to create awesome animated content with Adobe Express and the LottieFiles Mobile App.
What is Adobe Express?
Adobe Express (formerly Adobe Spark) is a free design tool. Similar to Canva, it has tons of ready-made templates and design assets you can use to quickly create anything from flyers, banners, social media posts and newsletters – even if you’re not a graphic designer. Adobe Express is free, even if you don’t have a paid Creative Cloud subscription.
So, can you add animations in Adobe Express? Yep, you can add videos to your projects to create animated designs (note: currently only available for iOS devices, but Android support should be on the way!). Here’s where the LottieFiles Mobile App comes in – you can search and download thousands of free Lottie animations as MP4 videos, then use them in your personal and commercial projects.
How to add animations to Adobe Express
Here’s how to create animated content with Adobe Express and the LottieFiles Mobile App.
1. Install the LottieFiles Mobile App
If you don’t already have it, go ahead and download the app. Scan the QR code below, or head to the LottieFiles Mobile App page to download it for Android or iOS.
2. Search for a Lottie animation
- Run the LottieFiles Mobile app.
- Click the Explore tab.
- View popular, featured or recently uploaded animations.
- Alternatively, search for an animation using the search bar.
- Click on the animation you’d like to add to Adobe Express.
3. Customize the Lottie animation
If you’re happy with how the Lottie animation looks, go ahead and skip to the next step. Otherwise, tap the Edit button. Here, you can:
- Use the Color Palette feature to instantly apply new colors
- Change the animation’s background color
- Use the Grouped Colors feature to change colors in groups
- Change the animation’s speed and frame rate
4. Download the Lottie animation
Adobe Express doesn’t directly support Lottie animations, so we’ll have to download the animation as an MP4 video.
5. Add it to Adobe Express
There are two ways to add the MP4 video to Adobe Express – you can add it as a new project, or add it to an existing project you’re already working on.
- Click Share in the top right corner.
- Choose the Video MP4 format.
- In the share menu of your phone, choose to save the video.
- Open the Adobe Express app on your mobile, and create a new project or open an existing one.
- Tap Add > Videos.
- Select the video you have downloaded.
- Your animation will appear in your Adobe Express project.
What else can you do with Lottie animations?
Don’t use Adobe Express? No worries. With the LottieFiles Mobile App, you can also create engaging content with TikTok, Instagram and Canva. There are tons of other features too: try your hand at motion design with the SVG to Lottie feature, download animated sticker packs for Telegram or WhatsApp and more.
Need inspiration? Check out how these awesome brands use animations in their social media and marketing content.