TikTok was made for motion.
Open the app, and you’ll see a stream of 15-second videos personalized to your interests. But while most TikTok videos are live-action videos, there’s a growing number of animators and animations being shared.
That’s why we wanted to make it even easier for you to share Lottie animations on the platform, all within your mobile phone. Here’s what you need to know about creating animated TikTok videos with Lottie animations and the LottieFiles Mobile App.
How to add Lottie animations to TikTok on mobile
Here’s how to add Lottie animations to your TikTok videos with the LottieFiles Mobile App.
1. Install the LottieFiles Mobile App
To get started, scan the QR code below to download the app. Or head to the LottieFiles Mobile App page to download it on App Store or on Google Play. If you don’t already have a LottieFiles account, create a free account in the mobile app or on LottieFiles.com.
2. Find a Lottie animation
- Open the LottieFiles Mobile App.
- Click here to search from thousands of free animations in the app.
- Click the animation you want to add into your Instagram post or story.
3. Customize your Lottie animation
If you’re already happy with the Lottie animation you’ve chosen, you can skip to the next step. But if you’d like to customize the colors of your animation, tap the Edit button to open the animation editor.
Here, you can change the animation colors using:
a) Color palette
Use Color Palette to automatically change the color scheme of the entire animation.
- In the animation editor, click Color Palette.
- Choose a color palette from the available choices that are provided, or create your own palette.
- To create your own palette, tap + to create your own palette. You can create a palette by taking a picture, uploading an image or selecting individual colors.
- Tap Apply to make the color changes to the animation.
b) Grouped Colors
Use Grouped Colors to change the color groups in the animation.
- In the animation editor, click Grouped Colors.
- Select the color you want to change, and pick a new color.
- The new color will replace the original color wherever it is applied in the animation.
Use Background to change the background color of the animation.
- In the animation editor, click Background.
- Pick a new color – the background will instantly change.
If you ever want to reset the changes you’ve made, just click Reset.
4. Share your animation on TikTok
To share to Tik Tok:
- Tap on the Share button from the editor.
- Tap on Tik Tok.
You will be redirected to Tik Tok to share your animation. You can also add other elements, such as text, animated sticker GIFs or audio elements to your video.
What else can you do with the LottieFiles Mobile App?
Besides sharing animated TikTok videos, you can also use the LottieFiles Mobile App to create awesome Instagram content. Besides that, if you happen to be a motion designer, you can test your Lottie animations for viewing on mobile devices, then export them as dotLottie, JSON, GIF and MP4 files.
Not a motion designer? No worries – the app has something for you too. You can create your own animations through the SVG to Lottie feature, even if you don’t know anything about motion. Besides that, send free animations in messaging apps with the LottieFiles keyboard extension for iOS, explore thousands of free and customizable animations and more. With the LottieFiles Mobile App, magic is just a tap away!